Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose.
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune,
I myself am good-fortune,
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Done with indoor complaints, libraries, querulous criticisms,
Strong and content I travel the open road.

WW

4.5.14

Upside

When I first heard this song I was in the first gog of James in Mexico City. Tim made a very long intro saying that this song was specially dedicated to Mexico, but I couldn't understand why at first... He was really disappointed when practically no one cared about the song at all. Poor Tim, he couldn't understand that this kind of concerts are not the best place to find the pariahs of our system, those who are displaced and forced to move abroad to make a living... And that made me sad.




yagunzhe

No hay comentarios.: