Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose.
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune,
I myself am good-fortune,
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Done with indoor complaints, libraries, querulous criticisms,
Strong and content I travel the open road.

WW

16.9.14

Useless procastination achievement #21: Translating a Paquita La del Barrio song... #Failed

I had never realised the complexity inherent to the grammar used by this kind of songs... Even the title: "Pierdeme el respeto" is very difficult to translate. Literally it means "Lose the respect for me", but it refers to something more like "Stop all the formalities, go straight to the point: you want to be with me" (all of these together). I just couldn't figure out a way to put in a simple translation the "guarro" but "decent" tone of these expressions. Even very common words like "apapachar" (coddle, pamper?) in this context means so much more... Anyway (just in case anyone cares at all), here is my try:

Stop all the formalities!

Stop all this nonsense
Don’t go around the bushes
I know you want me

I do not like lies
So, why would I deny it?
I also want you

Do not come to me with the story
That you are a gentleman
I know very well your ways
Don’t pretend to be polite
If what you want is to be with me
Take everything you want now that you can

Stop all the formalities,
Go straight to the point
And please make to me
The most indecent propositions

Stop all the formalities,
My dear friend,
That I’m craving for
Your body and mine cuddling together

Are you listening to me, useless?
Stop all the formalities and go straight to the point!

Do not come to me with the story
That you are a gentleman
I know very well your ways
Don’t pretend to be educated
If you want to be with me
Take everything you want now that you can

Stop all the formalities,
Go straight to the point
And please make to me
The most indecent propositions

Stop all the formalities,
My dear friend,
That I’m craving for
Your body and mine cuddling together



yagunzhe


No hay comentarios.: