Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose.
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune,
I myself am good-fortune,
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Done with indoor complaints, libraries, querulous criticisms,
Strong and content I travel the open road.

WW

12.8.14

Recommendations for friends visiting Mexico City

Recommendations for friends visiting Mexico City...



12 hours... This option is only for real adventurers... All the others, check for other options below...

Starting at the airport:

Don't waste your time and hop on the tube... Leave your non-essential-baggage in the locker service at the airport and ask for the closest "Metro" station (this is how everyone calls the underground), it's a 10-15 minutes walk from the arrivals section of the airport. Buy 4 tickets (20 pesos, about 1 pound or 1.5 dollars) and take the yellow line to "Oceania"  (in direction to Politecnico station) and from there take the Pink Line to "Pino Suárez" (in direction to Observatorio). Hop off in Garibaldi Station and you'll be in Reforma Avenue. Take any bus going to Auditorio or Hidalgo (both subway stations, too) and tell the driver you're going to Hidalgo (e-dal-go).

Unmissable:

A wild night in La Perla, if you feel adventurous you may go to some of the other bars located in the nearby areas (just be careful), you'll be surprised!

A visit to Xochimilco's food market. Safer than going to La Merced or Jamaica, and twice as colourful. Eat some local food, most it's safe to eat (even in the street) and delicious. Buy some fruits and enjoy the local flavors. Take a trip on a Trajinera in its famous channels.

Go to Coyoacan and have fun in one of its mezcalerias. Mezcal is awesome!

Fancy a weird but typical prehispanic beverage? Go to a pulquería in La Roma.

yagunzhe

No hay comentarios.: